From my multiple vantage points as a scientist, academician and founder of NeuroCog Trials, Inc., I see this as a pivotal time in the field of neurocognition. The domains of neurocognition are increasingly being assessed in clinical drug trials, even beyond traditional CNS related disorders; numerous studies point to neurocognition as a significant corollary with overall quality of life; and a growing body of research is pointing to its importance as not only an outcome measure but also a prognostic tool.
This is also a pivotal time for NeuroCog, which I founded six years ago as a way to extend the wealth of knowledge generated from academic science and innovation to a broader community. As the global science, medical and pharmaceutical communities become more attuned to the growing importance of cognitive testing, we stand ready to design and manage the execution of clinical and scientific trials in ways that honor our academic standards and our commitment to providing each and every client with the absolute best in cognition testing.
I take great pride in the quality of our products and services at NeuroCog and will continue to ensure we are the premier resource for supporting all stages of clinical trials from design through study implementation and interpretation of results – with best-in-class customized solutions for every client, the gold standard in instruments and products, the most thoroughly trained testers in the industry and a company-wide obsession to precision and detail across every single aspect of what we do.
I am confident that the information within this site demonstrates our commitment to providing the highest quality neurocognitive testing services anywhere in the world. And if you don’t find the proof you need here, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to meeting the new and growing demands of this exciting field together, and continuing to bring to you the best that our depth of experience in industry and academia has to offer.
Richard Keefe, PhD, Founder and CEO
About Dr. Keefe
- Professor, Psychiatry & Behavior Sciences, Duke University
- Adjunct Research Professor of Psychiatry at UNC-Chapel Hill and Duke-National University of Singapore Graduate Medical School
- Co-investigator and Director of the Neurocognitive Core for the $65MM government funded CATIE studies, most comprehensive independent trial ever done to examine existing therapies for schizophrenia
- Member of the Neurocognition Committee that steered the development of the MATRICS battery, the FDA-recommended gold standard as the definitive outcome measure for schizophrenia trials
- Co-director Trials Management Unit for TURNS (Treatment Units for Research in Neurocognition in Schizophrenia), group of seven sites including Duke, UCLA, Harvard, MPRC, Nathan Kline Institute, Columbia and Washington University