The Virtual Reality Functional Capacity Assessment Tool (VRFCAT™) is a computerized measure that was developed to be a reliable, valid, and sensitive measure of functional capacity, or the potential to demonstrate real-world functional improvements associated with cognitive change. The VRFCAT presents participants with a realistic simulated environment to recreate routine activities of daily living.
The VRFCAT creates a realistic, interactive, and immersive environment consisting of 4 scenarios, including: (1) exploring a kitchen, (2) catching a bus to a grocery store, (3) finding/purchasing food in a grocery store, and (4) returning home on a bus. Subjects complete each scenario through a progressive storyboard design.
Key features of the VRFCAT include:
- Immersive gameplay and easy-to-use controls
- Six versions, enabling use as a repeated measure
- Demonstrated high tolerability by participants
- Simple and convenient administration
- Automatically encrypted data collection, storage and scoring